2018 Winter Doubles Scramble REGISTRATION
Sign up for the Evanston Community Tennis Association’s 2018 Winter Doubles Scramble When: Saturday, January 6, 1-4 p.m. (Post-event gathering: 4-4:30 p.m.) Where: A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center, 530 Hibbard Road, Winnetka, IL Categories of Play: Mixed Doubles—men and women will be …
2017 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble REGISTRATION
Sign up for the Evanston Community Tennis Association’s 2017 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble When: Saturday, November 25, 1-4 p.m. (check in at 12:45 p.m., please) Where: Northwestern University’s Combe Tennis Center (in Henry Crown Sports Pavilion), 2311 N. Campus …
2017 Fall Tournament RESULTS
We greatly appreciate your participation this past weekend! With the warm weather, it felt more like summer than fall–even for the finals on Sunday, when rain was predicted. We had a record-number of entries for this year’s event, which presented some …
2017 Fall Tournament Event and Player Info
We look forward to seeing you this weekend at Vandy Christie Tennis Center (2310 Sheridan Road) in Evanston! Here is the complete list of the events and players scheduled to participate. Draws will be posted on-site. On Saturday, Sep. 16, …
2017 Fall Tournament REGISTRATION
When & Where: Saturday (early rounds) and Sunday (finals only), Sept. 16-17, Vandy Christie Tennis Center, 2310 Sheridan Road, Evanston
Categories of Play: Men’s and Women’s Open and Intermediate Singles and Doubles, plus Mixed Doubles. Enter up to 2 events!
Cost to Enter: $30 per player, plus annual ECTA membership fee of $25.
2017 Fourth of July Tournament RESULTS
8 a.m.—Women’s doubles: Mary DaVanti/Sara Marberry def. Karen Scala/Gail Wilson 6-1, 7-5 10 a.m.—Mixed doubles: Sarah Smith/Jazz Burks def. Julie Colhoun/John Simonetti 1-6, 6-1, 2-0, retired, injury Century doubles: Rick Kanter/Scott Weinstein def. Ray Boyer/David Fenn 6-3, 6-1 Noon—Men’s 60 singles: …
2017 Fourth of July Tournament REGISTRATION
IMPORTANT DATES —
ENTRY DEADLINE: Receipt by Thursday, June 1 —
DRAW POSTED: Saturday, June 3 —
EARLY ROUNDS of PLAY: Week of June 4 onward —
FINALS: Tuesday, July 4
Players may enter up to THREE (3) events, including two doubles events.
ENTRY FEES: Regular Tournament Entry Fee is $25.00 for each player, provided you have paid your yearly ECTA membership.
2017 Spring Doubles Round Robin REGISTRATION
Spring Doubles — One Day Event — Round Robin — Saturday, April 29th.
Vandy Christie courts, Sheridan Rd., Northwestern campus.
Play will take place on April 29th at Vandy Christie courts, Sheridan Rd., Northwestern campus, beginning at 9 a.m. for Men’s and Women’s Doubles.
2017 New Year’s Doubles Scramble RECAP
EVANSTON MEETS WINNETKA — We had a great turn-out of 20 players for the scramble (with a waiting list). Congratulations to our top point achievers: Karen Topp, Aric Jacover, Sarah Johnson and Tom Nacher. Thanks to everyone who participated in …
2016 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble
Join us for the 2016 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble Saturday, November 26, 1-4 p.m. Combe Tennis Center (Henry Crown Sports Pavilion) Northwestern University 2311 North Campus Drive Evanston, Illinois 60208 Combe phone# 847/491-4300 Cost: $25/player (ECTA members) A 3.0/3.5 rating and …
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter, with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport.
- By supporting high school tennis. Several years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.