New Year’s Doubles Scramble
EVANSTON MEETS WINNETKA Saturday, January 7th, from 4:00 – 7:00 Join us for our New Year’s SCRAMBLE at A. C. Nielsen’s Tennis Center, 530 Hibbard Rd. Winnetka Tennis Cost: $25/player (ECTA members) A 3.0/3.5 rating and up (solid Intermediate or …
Thanksgiving Doubles Social
Join us for the 2016 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble Saturday, November 26, from 1:00 to 4:00, Combe Tennis Center (Henry Crown Sports Pavilion) Northwestern University 2311 North Campus Drive Evanston, Illinois 60208 Combe phone# 847/491-4300 Cost: $25/player (ECTA members) A 3.0/3.5 …
Results – Fall Tourney
Women’s Singles – Sarah Smith d. Fran Caan 10-5. Men’s Open Singles – Jay Woldenberg d. Edgar Raya, with solid semi-final play from Ben Schamisso and Jay Nazario. Men’s 3.5 Singles – Thomas Gu d. John Cabrera 10-6 (With a …
2016 Fall Tournament – Sept. 17 & 18 – Registration Open
Vandy Christie Tennis Center, 2310 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL . Saturday (round robin) Sunday (semis and finals). Singles, Doubles, Mixed.
RESULTS for 4th of July 2016 FINALS
2016 Fourth of July Tournament
2016 SPRING DOUBLES TOURNAMENT – TEAMS – UPDATE
Spring Kick-Off Event – Prairie Moon
Results of 2016 New Year’s Weekend Tennis —
We had a full slate in both events for the new Year’s Doubles Tournaments. Thanks for all who came out and participated in some competitive, fun tennis. For the Men’s Round Robin Doubles on Saturday, the team of Tom Pitt …
Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble Results & Scholarship News
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Joint he ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, Chicago area league players, as well as ECTA tournament entrants.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport. This is Evanston’s third year with about 40 kids in attendance. For details, visit 10andundertennis.com.
- By supporting high school tennis. Two years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life. For details, email Mark Smith at email@example.com.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.