Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble Event & Scholarship News
Fall Tournament — Results — 2015
2015 Fall Tournament – Sept. 19 & 20- Registration Open
Vandy Christie courts – Sheridan Road – NU campus. The usual wonderful sponsors prizes (did we mention Evanston is a restaurant-zone destination?) — and it is rumored there is new Swag for all entrants — Click in on link for sign up — scroll to bottom of page for Paypal — See you on the courts!
Tournament Images July 4, 2015
FINAL RESULTS — 2015 4th of July draws
ENTRY DEADLINE: Receipt by Wednesday, June 3
DRAW POSTED: Friday, June 5
EARLY ROUNDS of PLAY: Saturday, June 6
FINALS: Saturday, July 4
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Joint he ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, Chicago area league players, as well as ECTA tournament entrants.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport. This is Evanston’s third year with about 40 kids in attendance. For details, visit 10andundertennis.com.
- By supporting high school tennis. Two years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life. For details, email Mark Smith at email@example.com.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.