2014 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble
Results for 2014 Fall Tournament — Sponsors
Results of Matches for the 4th of July Tournament
January Doubles Results — NU Open House
2014 Winter Doubles Tournament
January 4-5, Saturday and Sunday at Northwestern Combe Tennis Center
Round Robin Doubles Tournament — At least 3 matches of 8-game pro-sets per group on Saturday. Winners advance to single elimination 10-game pro-sets on Sunday.
- Men’s Open Doubles
- Women’s Open Doubles
- Mixed Open Doubles/ 3.5 level/ advanced intermediate/ mixed (may be female/male, male/male, female/female teams)
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Joint he ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, Chicago area league players, as well as ECTA tournament entrants.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport. This is Evanston’s third year with about 40 kids in attendance. For details, visit 10andundertennis.com.
- By supporting high school tennis. Two years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life. For details, email Mark Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at email@example.com.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.