2019 Winter Doubles Scramble REGISTRATION
2018 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble REGISTRATION
JOIN the ECTA Today!
2018 Fall Tournament RESULTS
2018 Fall Tournament DRAWS
We look forward to seeing you this weekend (Sept. 15 and 16) at Northwestern University’s Vandy Christie Tennis Center (2310 Sheridan Road) in Evanston! This Saturday’s round-robin matches will be 8-game pro-sets, no ad. If you make it to the finals, …
Play in Rally for the Cure Oct. 12 in Winnetka
Looking to play some tennis for a good cause? Sign up for Rally for the Cure, to be held Oct. 12 at A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center in Winnetka. Proceeds from the 8th annual round robin event will go to Susan G. …
2018 Fourth of July Tournament RESULTS
Thank you to everyone who came out to play in or watch the finals of the 2018 tournament and hung in despite the extreme heat and humidity! If you entered any category and did not get to Ackerman Park to …
Help Us Raise Funds for Lovelace Court Windscreens!
The City of Evanston has approved the resurfacing of the Lovelace Park tennis courts, which we anticipate will be completed this summer. The Evanston Community Tennis Association (ECTA) and E-town Tennis look forward to using these courts for future tennis …
2018 Spring Doubles Round Robin REGISTRATION
Register here for the ECTA’s 2018 Spring Doubles Round Robin—the first outdoor event of the season!—to be held Saturday, April 28, at Vandy Christy Tennis Center, 2310 Sheridan Road, Evanston. Refreshments, giveaways, and prizes will be provided!
2017 Fourth of July Tournament RESULTS
8 a.m.—Women’s doubles: Mary DaVanti/Sara Marberry def. Karen Scala/Gail Wilson 6-1, 7-5 10 a.m.—Mixed doubles: Sarah Smith/Jazz Burks def. Julie Colhoun/John Simonetti 1-6, 6-1, 2-0, retired, injury Century doubles: Rick Kanter/Scott Weinstein def. Ray Boyer/David Fenn 6-3, 6-1 Noon—Men’s 60 singles: …
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter, with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport.
- By supporting high school tennis. Several years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.