2015 Spring Doubles Tournament
Deadline to register — Midnight, April 29th. Play will take place on May 2 at Lovelace Park in northwest Evanston beginning at 9 a.m. for Men’s and Women’s Doubles. Depending on the draw, Mixed Doubles will commence later in the day, probably at 11 a.m.
The format is round-robin 8-game pro-sets in stage one. Teams are placed into brackets of 4. Teams play three matches for each group.
Prairie Moon – Spring Kick-off Event – April 13th
ETHS Event at Temperance Brewery Benefit
ALL ECTA Members are invited to stop by for a free beer and light fare at Evanston’s own Temperance Brewery Thursday, March 26 at 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Located at 2000 Dempster St., Evanston (Just east of Hartrey Ave.) Information about Evanston Township High School Educational Foundation and South Court Renovations will be shared.
2015 Winter Doubles Tournament
2014 Thanksgiving Doubles Scramble
Seven Ways in Which We “Serve” You …
- By coordinating spring/summer leagues, namely Shoreline and CPDTA (Chicago Park District Tennis Association). Join the ECTA for the opportunity to participate in one or both leagues.
- By running annual tournaments and round-robins for area players. Our tournaments are not USTA-sanctioned, so a USTA membership is not required for you to participate, and players may come from any city or state, not just Evanston. Tournaments are held in spring, summer, fall and winter with round robins at Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Joint he ECTA for the opportunity to participate in a tournament or round robin.
- By giving back to the tennis community. Most recently, we donated new windscreens for the ETHS courts, which are used by the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, Chicago area league players, as well as ECTA tournament entrants.
- By supporting youth tennis. Our board members are involved in the USTA’s 10 and Under Tennis program, which encourages parents to introduce their children to the sport. This is Evanston’s third year with about 40 kids in attendance. For details, visit 10andundertennis.com.
- By supporting high school tennis. Two years ago, we established an ECTA scholarship program through which we annually donate $500 each to one ETHS senior girl and one ETHS senior boy. The application includes a recommendation from a coach/teacher and an essay about how involvement in tennis has impacted the student’s life. For details, email Mark Smith at email@example.com.
- By supporting college tennis. Every year, the ECTA purchases seats at Rally With the ‘Cats, a Northwestern tennis fundraiser held at the Kenilworth Club. To buy a seat yourself, email Jean Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By supporting those who protect and serve the community. As thanks to the Evanston Police Department’s efforts and presence to help monitor the grounds alongside the tennis courts at Ackerman Park during the July 4 finals, the ECTA makes an annual donation to a fund for fallen officers.